Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Aquarium Chicken Salad

Sam and I went to the New England Aquarium for our cousin, Crystal Stay Farrell's, wedding reception. They served salmon. It was really weird eating salmon in an aquarium.

BUT! They also served this delicious chicken salad. It was the best thing we ate all night. So, I tried to recreate it when I got home and came pretty close. I didn't measure anything, but it's easy enough to add stuff until you get the right proportions.

Mix together:
  • Chopped cooked chicken (I think I used rotisserie chicken)
  • Thinly sliced red onion
  • Thinly sliced celery
  • Craisins
  • Chopped pecans
Add enough real mayonnaise to make it all stick together, then add a little bit more.

Season with
  • Dill (this is essential. do not skip it.)
  • salt
  • freshly ground pepper
  • maybe a little bit of sugar? I didn't add this, but now that I'm thinking about it, it would have been appropriate.
Serve on oven-warmed croissants with a slice of lettuce.

No comments: