Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Lemon Yogurt Chicken

Lemon Yogurt Chicken-- from Lesli who got it from Genevieve

about 1 lb chicken--chop in pieces
coat with flour (in bowl)
butter in pan
brown chicken on both sides on high heat (about a minute or less)

reduce heat to low
add garlic (optional)
add plain yogurt (1 cup)
add outer part of lemon peel (grate it into the chicken)

(optional) add juice from lemon

optional --add herbs
add salt to taste (not optional)

you cook the chicken on low heat so it's tender, but make sure it's all the way or most of the way cooked before you add the yogurt because you don't want to cook it very long with the yogurt in or the yogurt will separate. It still tastes good but the texture is much worse.

1 comment:

heather said...

I made this last week and it was delicious. I followed Mom's instructions on the Orange Thyme Chicken post for dredging, seasoning, and cooking the chicken, including using onions, and some fresh garlic. Once the chicken was almost done, I added some lemon juice from the lemon I'd zested for the first step. Finally, I added the yogurt (I used full-fat Greek which is like sour cream) and heated it all through. We served it over rice with roasted carrots and it was GREAT. I liked the carrots chopped up in the sauce. See roasted winter veggies post for how I cooked the carrots.